YOUTH DAY COMPETITION – DESIGN A T-SHIRT!
To celebrate Youth Day this year, we want YOU to create a t-shirt design, showing us what Youth Day means to you – and you could win a laptop to the value of R6000!
The winning design will also be printed onto long sleeve t-shirts, which will be distributed to various children’s homes around Cape Town, not only adding warmth to their winter but also giving them a piece of South Africa to keep close to their hearts.
To enter, create your design and add it to the entry form below before 17 June 2021.
NB! Before entering, please note the following:
- Your entry needs to be a 1-colour design and fit onto an A4 print
- Your entry needs to be your own authentic work
- Your submission needs to be in a high-res JPEG or PDF format (no larger than 3MB)
Terms and Conditions:
1. The promoters of this competition are Golden Acre Shopping Centre and The Blue Room.
2. You may only enter or vote for this competition if you are a citizen and permanent resident of South Africa, and 18 years or over. The winner will be required to present a valid South African ID document in order to accept the prize. If you are younger than 18 years, your parent or guardian will have to accompany you should you be the winner of this campaign.
3. The competition will run from Tuesday, 1 June 2021 to Thursday, 17 June 2021 at 12:00. No late entries will be accepted.
4. The winner will be announced no later than Thursday, 1 July 2021, and the winner will be contacted via their contact details provided.
5. All entries will be verified by the Marketing Manager. If any discrepancies should arise, the entrant will be disqualified from the competition.
6. The promoters will try to contact the winner each day for seven days following the draw. If the winner cannot be contacted or chooses to decline the prize, another winner will be drawn as soon as possible.
7. To enter the competition: You have to design a 1-colour design and showcase what Youth Day means to you. The illustration / image should not be bigger than an A4-page and only 1 colour can be used. To complete your entry, you need to upload your illustration / image in high-res on the office Golden Acre website. A link has been provided on the competition post on Facebook.
8. The winner of this competition must be willing to collect his/her prize from the tenant and/or centre and/or external organization at a time suitable for the tenant and/or centre and/or external organization. The prize has to be collected within 30 days of being notified of the win.
9. The judges’ decision is final and binding and cannot be appealed. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. You may not enter the competition if you are a director, member, partner, employee, tenant, agent, consultant or supplier to the promoter or their respective spouses, partners, family members, business partners or associates.
11. You may not enter this competition if you have won a prize from Golden Acre Shopping Centre within the last 90 days (3 months).
12. The competition prize is a laptop to the value of R6000.
13. The prize is neither negotiable nor transferable and may not be exchanged for cash and/or a different date.
14. The promoters accept no liability for damaged or lost prizes after they have been accepted by winner.
15. This competition/promotion is a complete release of Facebook by each entrant/participant.
16. We also acknowledge that this competition/promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered with, Facebook.
17. All queries can be directed to the Marketing Manager by calling 021 553 0315.
18. Should the competition prize referred to above for any reason whatsoever become unavailable, the organisers may award a similar prize in value.
19. The promoters hold the right to alter or cancel any aspect of the competition at any time at its sole discretion without liability.
20. The entrant shall have no claim of whatsoever nature or from whatsoever cause arising as a result of and/or due to the competition and prize against the owners of Golden Acre Shopping Centre, their managing agent, marketing agent or any affiliated company of the aforementioned pertaining to competition.
21. Winners may be requested to allow their name and photograph to be used for publicity purposes, without compensation, but may decline the invitation.
22. By entering a competition, entrants note that they may be sharing “personal information” as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“the Act”). The promoters reserve the right to “process”, as defined in the Act, the personal information of the entrant for the purpose of conducting the competition, and the competition entrant, through entering the competition, hereby consents to such processing. Should an entrant object to such processing and/or would like to access and/or correct a record of the personal information that the promoter holds on them, they may do so by submitting a formal written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Entrants hereby hold the promoters harmless from any loss or damage they may suffer as a result of the processing of their personal information.
23. By entering the competition, you are agreeing to all the rules stipulated above.
24. By uploading your t-shirt design (s), you give Golden Acre Shopping Centre and The Blue Room the right to use the design (s) in all marketing material relating to this campaign and you give both parties the right to print your design onto the long-sleeve t-shirts (should you be the winner) that will be distributed to the children’s homes in Cape Town as part of a Mandela Day initiative.